SIN Card
Today I received my social insurance number. This is very similar to a Social Security card. However, to obtain it was surprisingly simple and quick, unlike the US (check out what it takes to get a SSN).
J took me downtown near the beautiful Marine Building. We went up to the 4th floor of the Sinclair building, walked right up to the receptionist who informed us to take a seat and someone would call my name. We sat for a few short moments (maybe 5 minutes tops) and then my name was called.
I showed my passport with my work permit and answered a few basic questions:
1. what is my mother's maiden name
2. was the last name on my passport my birth name
3. my father's first name
4. address and phone number
Then I was handed a temporary SIN card and off we went. Only 15 minutes! Amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment