Giving Thanks and Rockin' Out
We enjoyed another opportunity to eat turkey and give thanks. This was no ordinary turkey, this bird was bar-b-qued. Yes, on the grill for many, many hours. Along with the main dish there are a large assortment of sides: salad with strawberries, green bean casserole, broccoli with cheese casserole, smashed yams, mashed potatoes and a very garlic heavy gravy.
Besides the excellent food, the loads of appetizers (which I didn't mention above), or the very cool deep fryer that's was integrated into the oven (instead of a fourth burner, there's a lid. Remove the lid and fill the empty pot with oil) the thing that topped off the night was the rock band.
It's a video game but extremely interactive. There's a singer, bassist, lead guitar, and drummer. The bass guitar was broken so there was a three person band.
It was hilarious. People took turns singing, playing guitar but only a few took on being the drummer. Dan (a co-worker of J's) gave it a shot but failed no more than a minute into the song. I guess it really does take practice.
Now there's talk of having a rock band game night. I haven't played guitar hero and can barely strum my real guitar, don't know if I'll do any better than Dan. Guess I better get practicing.

No comments:
Post a Comment