Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008 - Wow! It's a new year. 2007 went fast, or it just seemed that way. I'm left trying to figure out what happened in the 365 days that just past. "How do you measure, measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee. In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?" - Rent, Season of Love.

I put together my annual letter/poem and after several years of people telling me to narrow it down I finally got it to fit on two pages. But I had to cut out a lot of the details and even leave a few precious moments unmentioned. How will I remember my travels, my moments with friends, my gatherings with family, if I didn't write them down? To an extent it's actually nice, I went and did so many things last year I don't have the space in my letter to share everything, my cup runnth over.

With that said, I wonder what will this new year hold for me? What will I learn this year? Where will I travel to? Who will I meet? How will I measure my year?

No comments: