Tuesday, January 29, 2008




Snow day


There was at least five inches of snow that fell. Some schools were closed, which allowed for some children wondering why they had to go to school while their brother/sister got to stay home.
I on the other hand ventrured out passing a woman who was pulling two kids in a wooden sled down the sidewalk.

I headed out meet up with a friend for coffee (well chai tea for me). When I left the house large flakes rushed down and although the snow was falling at a quick rate I stayed pretty dry. So if I had to choose, rain or snow... I think I'd choose snow. It does turn brown and icky along the roads and causes the sidewalks to turn to slush, which soaks up your pant leg, it still allows me to walk without an umbrella and remain fairly dry compared to the pouring rain. Plus, everything turns somewhat magical when dusted in white.


When we left the coffee shop the sky was a patch work of blue and white. The children at the community school were having a great time building snow creatures and J had even built a mini snowman in the front yard before he left for work.

Ah the joys of winter. Whoever said it doesn't snow in Vancouver?

No comments: