Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Big Booters
So after a foot injury eight years ago, I put away my cleats and shin guards and haven't played since. But a few weeks ago J and I ventured out to watch a friend play in a rec game out on the university fields.
I brought my camera thinking I would entertain myself with shooting photos and I did. But with our friend's team losing, it got me thinking about playing again. I talked with Gill and it turned out that there was a spot open. So four of us headed out to kick around a ball to see how my foot would hold up.
Three weeks ago I played my first game in eight years. And my foot was fine but my right groin muscle was strained. I spent the following week stretching, wrapping it with a heating pad and massaging it. Last week, we tied earning the Big Booters its first point (yes, we were in last place).
But tonight, we connected more passes which resulted in more goals. You guessed it, we won. Our first win of the season 3-2, with two more games to go. Hopefully we can move up the standing list before the team heads into playoffs.
Now I need to find new boots as my old ones are cracked and two cleats have snapped off. Plus, a new pair of shin guards and a new ball would be nice to. It's nice to be back in the game.

2 comments:

Creakhead said...

Just in time for the euro-cup! I need to get some new boots as well. The last pair I forgot the golden rule of going 1/2 size or so smaller, so there is too much room in the front and I get blisters.

nicole said...

Good for you. Bend it!