During my jaunt to southern California in late June my friend Hugh invited us to the track. Well the BMX track. He recently decided to get a BMX bike and get riding with his friends after spending a few sessions snapping photos. So this time I'm the photographer.
So here's Hugh (black jersey. silver helmet) in all his glory.
Then the fancy riders came out to show out their aerial skills. Check out the tutu.
I tried following the red rider around the track to see if I could snap him still while all else blurred out. What do you think? How'd I do?
This rider did some amazing moves. But I learned that when BMX riders race they actually try to minimize the air time because the more pedal rotations they can get in, the faster they go, the better their chance of winning. So that's why BMXers will push the back tire down over the little bumps.
Also did you know that BMX is an Olympic sport this year? Yes really. One of the girls at the track was on the team. She participated at the Olympic BMX trails in San Diego (well Chula Vista) where Mike Day rode an amazing ... check it out. The course is a replica of what they will face in China.
Ten Days until the Olympics begin!!





No comments:
Post a Comment