Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A day at the Pool

I've seen the Kitsilano pool. I sat in the bleachers south of the pool, but until yesterday I had never actually touched the water in the pool.


This salt water pool opened around the second week of May and cloese in mid-September. You can purchase a pass or just drop in anytime for under $5.
The pool is one of the longest in Canada and offers beach like access along with three slides. It is heated to 77 degrees and offers a snack bar.
The city of Vancouver offers a total of 14 pools (9 indoor and 5 outdoor) but by far, Kitsilano pool has the best views of the beach, the mountains, and don't forget about people watching.


photo taken by Joel Wener at 10:30pm.

1 comment:

jwphotography said...

Hi Shelly,
I have not been to the pool after almost 5 yrs of living here. I should try it before it gets too cold this year. Thanks for the info and the link to my site.
See ya.

Joel