Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's Pumpkin Carving Time!

Molly and John prepare for the ultimate Pumpkin challenge. It's Kitty and Ron's Pumpkin Carving Contest. I planned my trip to San Francisco around this party. For the last 3 years J and I have been invited. And this year, even though we moved I still wanted to go. I have a trophy to defend.



I debated between two designs - one a scary face or this Halloween scene. Ron wanted to see if I could execute this detailed drawing and since he was the host, how could I turn down this challenge.



Ron carved a self portrait and won the grand prize in the original category. Can you see the man holding the camera?

John was very creative this year, creating a sea monster using four pumpkins. Lucky for him the judging area is a large blue tarp which added to his creation.

I know this picture is a bit blurry but here is my completed winning pumpkin. Yes, for the 4th straight year I won the stencil category. Whoo hoo! Now let's go trick or treating.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: