Here's a little how-to on pumpkin carving from Rich's very own pumpkin party:
1. It's nice to have a clean pumpkin to start with. As seen here Michelle has decided that the tub makes an excellent place to wash up her pumpkin.
2. Use proper cutting techniques. Note tools made for pumpkin carving allow for easier cutting and fine details. Unlike Rich, do not hold your pumpkin in your lap and use the largest butcher knife in the house to carve.
3. Cover the table with a plastic covering such as trash bags or a table cloth. Be sure to have enough space for your guests to sit as well as enough tools.
4. Light the pumpkins and enjoy the different designs. (Rich carved the one tooth wonder, I carved the spider and Michelle carved the skeleton).
Now that I got a little practice it's off to the Pumpkin carving contest at Kit and Ron's house where for the last three years I have won 1st prize in the stencil category... can I make it 4?

No comments:
Post a Comment