Weather is a funny thing...
When it's raining at the house it may be snowing at J's work. Now I know from living in the SF bay area that weather can vary greatly from the coast to the hills and inland. The swing can be over 20 degrees. But J walks to work. The distance is maybe a mile and half. So one would think that the temperature and the weather outside would be similar. But that wasn't the case recently.
J called in the mid-morning excited for me to look out the window. I saw dripping trees and wet soggy grass, while he described big fluttering snowflakes. A few hours later he called back to have to me look again for the white flakes but all I still had a watery mess.
I was tempted to walk up the street to see where the temperature dropped and the rain turned to snow. However, with the temperature at 35 degrees and my cup of tea steaming, the winter wonderland will have to wait for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment