With the sun peeking out from behind the clouds, I put on my shoes and headed out into the 40 degree weather. I headed down to the waters edge and found a hidden footpath which led to the Kitsilano Yacht Club. Beyond the yacht club was the outdoor swimming pool which is open in the summertime and is a very popular seagull hangout in the off season.
I passed the pool and strolled up the sand of Kits beach. I rounded the corner of the peninsula and headed east again where I found this gnarled chunk of tree. Stanley park can be seen on the left where the sky rises end.
I past by the Maritime Museum and could see the Burrard street bridge and the Molson brewing plant. I headed back towards Kits beach and made my way back to 4th street. I walked along the shops noticing all the holiday decorations including a red and green rain boot display, perfectly suited for this city.
Can't wait to see what I discover on my next walk.

No comments:
Post a Comment