Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My treat

What a nice surprise. Our first visitor in 2008. Yep, we got a visit from one of our Minnesota friends. He was booking his business trip and realized "Hey I have friends living there." So, quickly dropped us a line on Monday and we were hanging out by Tuesday afternoon.
I gave him the less-than-2-minute-tour of our place and I notice him pacing around. I knew a walk was in order. So out the door we went.

We headed down the commercial district of Broadway, counting the Starbucks (3 if you count the one inside Safeway) and found our way to Kits beach, where there were many dogs for Rodney to pet. We walked passed the Maritime museum in hopes to find the eagles nest perch high up near the Burrard street bridge. We found the nest but no eagle. So we pressed on following the path passing the Coast Guard station, boat ramp and marina. We decided to head back passing the Molson brewery on our way.

To warm up (although he felt like it was summertime), I knew the perfect place. Arbutus Coffee. It's cute, quint and perfectly suited for a snack, a warm beverage and good conversation. I'm not much for coffee but they have a good selection of teas and the hot chocolate is great. Rodney insisted that he was going to treat, but the large CASH ONLY sign meant that his American green backs weren't going to cut it. So I got to settle the bill, as originally planned, and he got to enjoy a good cup of joe.

Arbutus Coffee is located on Arbutus and 6th, go check it out. Their bake goods are delicious as well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: